- Crews and equipment are pre-positioned across our service area so we can respond safely and as quickly as possible
- More than 1,700 personnel ready to respond, including personnel from Florida Power & Light Company
- Download the Gulf Power app for free on the App Store or Google Play
PENSACOLA, Fla. – Gulf Power is prepared to respond to potential power outages as Tropical Storm Fred approaches the company’s service area.
“As Tropical Storm Fred approaches the Florida Panhandle, we have pre-positioned personnel and equipment so we can respond safely and as quickly as possible,” said Mike Spoor, vice president of Gulf Power. “We are fortunate to be part of the Florida Power & Light Company family, and we are thankful they have sent personnel to support the restoration effort. We will continue to work throughout the storm, as long as it is safe, and once the storm has passed, until all customers have power again. We encourage our customers to keep safety top of mind, finalize their plans and prepare for possible outages.”
Strong winds and heavy rain could cause trees, other vegetation and flying debris to potentially damage Gulf Power equipment. We want to remind customers to avoid downed power lines and assume all downed lines are energized. You can report downed power lines or sparking electrical equipment by calling 911 or 1-800-GUPOWER (1-800-487-6937).
Gulf Power urges customers to review their family and business emergency plans, keep a close watch on the development of the storm and follow the advice of local and state officials. Preparation and safety tips are available at GulfPower.com/Storm.
What Gulf Power is doing
At Gulf Power, we’re finalizing preparations for Fred:
- We’ve stationed personnel and equipment across our service area, so that we are ready to respond as soon as it is safe to do so.
- We’ve prepared four sites throughout our service area to speed restoration.
- We are coordinating our response with county and state emergency operations centers.
How to stay informed
The easiest way to stay informed and report an outage after a severe weather event is the Gulf Power mobile app. Customers can download the Gulf Power app for on-the-go, instant and secure access to their accounts. Additionally, customers can report or get the latest information on an outage. The app is available to download for free on the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
Gulf Power communicates restoration information to customers frequently through the news media and the following resources:
- Gulf Power website: GulfPower.com