Gulf Power has restored service to nearly 43,700 customers affected by Hurricane Zeta as of 10 a.m. after the fast-moving storm brushed across the Panhandle overnight. Crews worked through the night in between weather bands to restore power customers affected by Zeta. Power outages were primarily in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties, where winds were the strongest. Gulf Power, working with more than 1,300 additional outside resources, expects all customers affected by Zeta to be essentially restored by midnight.
“We were fortunate that Hurricane Zeta was a quick-moving storm and did not cause as much damage and power outages as Hurricane Sally did a month ago,” said Marlene Santos, president of Gulf Power. “However, we understand how difficult it is to be without power and we want our customers experiencing outages to know that our expanded restoration team of more than 2,300 will continue to work until every customer’s power is restored.”
By the numbers
- More than 51,200 customers affected by Zeta as of 10 a.m.
- Gulf Power’s restoration team worked through the night in between weather bands to restore nearly 43,700 customers as of 10 a.m.
- Remaining 7,500 customers affected by Zeta will be essentially restored by midnight.
- Total restoration workforce of more than 2,300, including the Gulf Power team, along with more than 1,300 outside resources – the vast majority from sister company Florida Power & Light.
- Four staging sites between Pensacola and Crestview, serving as headquarters for the visiting crews.
What customers can do
- Please stay safe – stay away from flooded areas and report downed power lines to 1-800-GU-POWER (487-6937). Additional safety tips are available at GulfPower.com/Storm.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, if you see our crews at work, please remember to maintain proper social distancing.
- Avoid stopping crews to ask when power will be restored – this only slows down the process.
How to stay informed
The easiest way to stay informed and report an outage after a severe weather event is the Gulf Power mobile app. Customers can also download the Gulf Power app for on-the-go, instant and secure access to their accounts. The app is available for download free in the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
Gulf Power communicates restoration information to customers frequently through the news media and the following resources: