Last year, charities that support the military received more than $90,000 from the Gulf Power Clay Shoot for America’s Heroes. On Nov. 3, the event returns to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center in Pace to support three local charities that provide assistance to wounded military members and their families in Northwest Florida.
2016 Beneficiary Organizations
- Santa Rosa County’s Veterans Memorial Vets to VA Program
- Provides transportation for veterans to receive medical treatment — nearly 400 trips were provided in 2015
- Air Force Enlisted Bob Hope Village of Fort Walton
- Provides assisted-living care and other support for enlisted veterans and their surviving spouses
- Gulf Coast State College’s Military and Veteran Emergency Fund (Panama City)
- Provides assistance for veterans and their dependents pursuing higher education — including tuition assistance, material purchase, transportation and other needs
The Clay Shoot for America’s Heroes event is organized by Gulf Power Transformers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit employees service organization that provides support to our local communities through volunteer service and financial assistance. Over the last three years, this event has raised more than $204,300 in support of veteran-related services.
“There has been terrific response from the community in previous years and once again we have selected three great organizations that provide priceless support to our military veterans,” said Natalie Smith, Gulf Power spokesperson. “Our employees are proud to bring awareness and funds to local groups that support our military friends and neighbors.”
This year’s event will feature two start times at Santa Rosa Shooting Center in Pace. Flights begin in the morning at 8 a.m. and in the afternoon at 1 p.m. — with lunch from the award-winning Big Juicy Butts barbecue team being served for both flights at noon. Those who register as a team will have the opportunity to participate in three games with the chance to win prizes.
To reserve a spot for a team or obtain sponsorship opportunities, contact Tina Stojak at 850-444-6884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for Sponsorship forms
Click HERE for Registration forms
Gulf Power is an investor-owned electric utility with all of its common stock owned by Atlanta-based Southern Company. Gulf Power serves more than 450,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida. The company’s mission is to safely provide exceptional customer value by delivering reliable, affordable and environmentally responsible electricity while strengthening our communities. Visit online at MyGulfPower.com or on the company’s Facebook page. News information can be found at GulfPowerNews.com.